Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Week 3



This week I learned about how to handle a lot of items on my plate.  I have been practicing this skill at Proctor for the last four years here, but today I got to apply it seamlessly.  During this week, I had a playoff game, about 1,000 social media pages to find like and document,  and all of my senior project blogs and paperwork.  I also want to spend time with friends because of the distance I live away from my peers I am going to miss spending time with them so I want to spend as much time with them as I can.  It was hard to juggle all these ball in the air, and in the past probably would have led to a meltdown, but this week I was able to accomplish most of them.



I loved every minute of this week.  Its hard work, and I'm not getting payed but I love this type of environment and freedom.  The classroom has always been a struggle for me, and learning through experience has always helped me.  I feel like I am thriving here, and at school. I feel as though I am prepared to leave.


Thinking back on it, I know that the original task Sara assigned me would never have been attainable.  I wasn't able to finish the Facebook let alone the Instagram or the twitter.  But though doing this I learned how distributors, reps, and stores all work.  I've learned about how the ski industry works from the top down, and I also learned what its like to be given a lot of work, 


This week everything went pretty much the norm,  I however don't think I will be able to finish my assignment from Sarah, witch is expected.  It was an incredibly stime consuming task, and it is a bummer I couldn't finish it.  I did however like about 1,200 pages as well as document there activity and there following.  I focused on the major areas of sale for VMD, I just wish I could have done more.




This week,  I learned that I am ready for the real world, I can handle my time and I can get my work done.  I think that if I didn't have sports and worked here from 9-5 every day I could have easily accomplished what I needed to do.  I am ready!



No comments:

Post a Comment