Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Week 2


This week I got to go watch a boot fitting and go to the warehouse for VMD.  I have had my own boots fit for ski racing, but it is interesting to see the slight differences that Dalbello is doing that other companies are not.  It is also interesting to notice the similarities.  I also helped move last years skis back into the warehouse and helped bag and load this years skis onto a truck.  The warehouse is probably the largest collection of skis boots bindings, and other accessories that I have ever seen in one place. 


Working at VMD is in some ways harder than actually going to school.  The work on social media is tedious and has made me longer enjoy spending time on Facebook.  Still up in the air whether or not this is a good or bad thing. However I left at the end of my second week just as stoked about what I'm doing as I did after my first day. 



I worked in the warehouse and got to watch the boot fitting as well as see how the rest of the warehouse looks.  I had never thought about warehouses for ski companies or where they would be located.  I've visited surf brand warehouses, and they are normally located in southern California because its close to the market so I assumed the ski brands would be the same.  In my mind that would be Colorado but it was interesting to learn that they are placed in NH.  It makes sense because even though the conditions are not as great in New England,  but the market is still really big. It was cool to relate some of the concepts I learned in AP human geography to make sense of this.
• Did everything happen as you expected or were there surprises? 
This week went pretty much as I expected.  I had to take my AP exam for Human Geography.  It was nice to finally get that off my shoulders, and it felt even better because I felt confident on my performance.


Each week I gain more and more experience working in an office.  It is different then sitting in school all day, and while it's harder I enjoy it more.  However at the end of the day I am more tired.  I have learned that if your working around something you really enjoy that working really isn't that bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment