Monday, May 9, 2016

Week 1 Reflection



This week was my first experience working in an office setting.  I learned a lot about how VMD wants to market on social media and how there competitors advertise.  It was interesting to learn how a corporate office works, as well sit in the meeting with the executives.  I learned that not all companies are like my dads, and that working is actually fun if you are passionate about what your doing.   I found that most of the people in the company seem really happy and it made me excited for the future.

This week I worked really hard on the project Sarah assigned me.  It is a lot of work but I really enjoyed it.  VMD is a really cool company, and I want to find a place similar to work after college or maybe try and work for them after college. 

I was assigned to go through all there distributors social media pages and see whether they follow VMD's social media pages and if VMD follows them.  There is about 2000 pages and so far it has been a lot of work.  It is a time consuming process that they need to do, but Sarah doesn't have the time to do it so it is the perfect job for me to do. 

I had very little expectations going into this week, so basically everything was a surprise to me.  The biggest surprise for me was being able to sit in on their meetings and that was probably the most interesting part of the week.  

I learned a lot about being in a corporate environment and I think that next year I will have a leg up on my peers in the business school at University of Colorado.  Having an idea how a corporate office as well as how they advertise and how to interact with executives.

No comments:

Post a Comment