Monday, May 2, 2016

First Day

Senior project started with a 7:45 wake up, earlier than I wake up for school on a daily basis.  I got a quick breakfast, and then headed out.  It was a stormy day, but the 40 minute drive to VMD headquarters was very easy.  Upon arriving, I met my mentor Sarah for the first time, and she showed me around the office.  I then sat in on a meeting where they were buying display for their product from a vendor.  It was fascinating to learn about how they wanted to maximize display of their product and their logo.  After the meeting I was assigned a task from Sarah.  She made me the admin of Marker's, Dallbello's, and Volkl's Facebook Instagram and Twitter pages.  My job is to go through a list of vendors, and see if they like each others pages.  Its tedious work, and I managed to go though about 60 pages, along with noting the followers and their social media activity.  At that point it was about 1:50 and I realized it was time to go.  I headed back to Proctor with a quick detour to Subway for a bite to eat.  I got back to Proctor around 2:45, then quickly changed into a suit and tie and headed to my game against Holderness.  We ended up losing 11-10, after being down 8-3 at half.  Holderness went ahead with 10 seconds left.  Despite the loss, I enjoyed the start of my internship with VMD.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like they put you right to work. Sorry about the loss, but it sounds like an exciting game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Social media stuff can be really challenging! Bummer about the game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff, Jack. Understanding for-profit social media strategy is something I hope to learn someday. Sorry about the tough loss, heard it was a great comeback that fell just short. Drive safe each day!

    ReplyDelete